Katherine works as a Chief Financial Officer in a stock brokerage firm in New York that deals with influential information daily. Someone wanted to get access to those financial data and sent hackers to get access from her laptop. However, the hackers had no idea that Katherine’s organization has a full-proof IT security infrastructure to protect the confidential financial systems from cyberattacks.
One day, while Katherine was out for a meeting, the hackers stole her laptop and ran off with it. The hackers spent hours getting the data but all their attempts failed because the laptop was protected with the highly efficient X-PHY® SSD.
Everything in it is continuously monitored in real-time through the Motion Lock feature. The AI noticed the steep rise in temperature and triggered the Keycode encryption to wipe off all the stored unique private encrypted keys and activated the X-Factor encryption to protect the data.
Frustrated with the failed attempts, the hackers performed a Cold Boot Attack to extract the data through the DDR. They sprayed nitrogen to destroy the X-PHY® SSD and the DDR to retrieve the encryption keys. As soon as the temperature went down to 0-degree celsius, the AI instantly triggered the Keycode encryption to wipe all the encryption keys and the confidential financial data that was stored in a separate NAND flash cell.
When the Cold Boot Attack did not work, the hackers tried rebooted the laptop but the access was also denied by the activation of Keycode 2-factor. The X-Factor encryption feature sets the SSD password protected to secure the essential data
X-PHY Protection Method
1. The Motionlock feature within X-Site secure feature driven by AI real-time monitoring algorithms detects the change in ambient light as soon as the laptop cover is removed.
2. This further activates the Keycode Encryption post detection of unusual activity of encryption key extraction and wipes off the unique encryption keys.
3. The keys are temporarily saved in DDR by using the DDR encryption method. The encryption key is stored inside of the secure system management.
4. The rise in temperature rise is detected by keycode encryption alerted by AI surveillance and monitoring to erase the encryption key when placed in a special reader. The financial data saved inside a special NAND flash cell is already erased.
5. Keycode 2-Factor demands a password upon X-PHY® SSD reboot.